Thursday, September 12, 2019

September 12,2019, Cobb (cork) Ireland

The morning came very fast this morning,,,,, we had to sleep fast, and needless to say Cindy did not want to get up, but up I got, and sweet Ed got coffee, and rolls for us. So I had time to dress and I am really glad we went. We had great guides and even though it rained in the begging, would you believe it was leftover from Dorian, it cleared by afternoon, and we saw pretty much everything we had on the schedule. 





Cork was founded in the 7th century St Fin Barre. Cork is your gateway to romantic Ireland. This is where you would come to go to Blarney and kiss the Blarney Stone, but that was not on our list, we figured we weren’t ready to fall in there, and probably would, after walking up all the steps to get to it. 
And we decided, not to go to Waterford eaither, as we didn’t need more crystal.  So we went to Killarney and it was a reail gem of a tour. We took a bus across Ireland up through mountains to the Killarney national park. We stopped for tea and scones in the morning and then in the afternoon we had lunch in a pub. The lunch was a bit of a disappointment as it was chicke, potatoes and over cooked carrots, but the beer was great. Then we went shopping and guess what they had?






Our guides were wonderful, and I wish I cooled quote some of the stories we were told. And the scenerywas indeed spectacular. Ireland looks exactly how it does in pictures. My first time and I loved it. 



I tried to take a photo of this sign, but it didn’t come out, it said “TRAFIC CALMING” 

Ps I have been informand that the blog is NOT accepting comments, so we have great WiFi you can leave a comet on emai or iMessage, if you want. 




No comments:

Post a Comment