Sunday, March 11, 2018

Day 63, 64, 65 Hong Kong, and at sea. March, 8, 9, 10th 2018

I know it has been a while since I last wrote, but it has been busy three days, and as I write this we are walking around in water of about four inches deep. They had a fire in the incinerator right as we were finishing dinner. It was taken care of in about 20 minuets. Now I don’t know if this was related, but about 30 minuets after we got back from diner, about 10 pm our time, we herd noises that sounded like running water and sure enough it was,,,,,, the sprinklers in the hall were all going off! Water was flooding our room, pouring in under the door!  So now they are sucking up the water in the hallway and then they will suck up the water in the room. It is now 11:56 PM don’t think we will get to sleep anytime soon. So I might as well try to get thi blog written. 

March 8, Hong Kong day 1. We arrived as scheduled, and it was raining, bummer. They said that it might clear a bit in the middle of the day, but it didn’t. It rained off and on all day, and it was cold. Mid 50s and the wind was blowing. Ed was determined to go to Hong Kong Disney soooo we did! We got dressed, and when they finely cleared the ship, we went downstairs and walked the LONG WALK out of the terminal and talked to where there were port guides to tell us wear to go, if you didn’t take the shuttle to the Paninsula hotel. So after determining that our best bet was a taxi for the 45 minute joinery, we got in, and we were off. 
We had a good driver who spoke a little English, more then my manderan, LOL  on the ride over it was obvious how much Hong Kong 🇭🇰 has grown. I should say exploded in population supper high rises every where. We arrived Disney and 250 Hong Kong dollar ride, which is about $32 not bad for as far as it was. And ther  
was a toll the guy had to pay along the way, and he was a good driver. 

So it was raining, still when we arrived, but not hard, more a drizzly mist, so now we walked about 3/4 of a mile to get to the gate area, here you had a bag check before you buy tickets.  So we bought our senior tickets about $20 each, what a bargain. The rest of Disney price wise was about the same as Florida, price wise. So off we went to the emporium to buy goodies. After about an hour or so, while it was once again raining hard, once it had stopped raining we started down Main Street. Everything was written in English, and all the park guides spook perfect english.  They were such nice young people. So we walked and walked, road the train, had lunch, walked some more, and at about four decided it was time to go back to the ship as we were tired. The long walk back to the taxi stand was bad, but not as bad as the walk in the terminal, that seemed never ending.
We went to the Lido for dinner not feeling up to dressing for dinner, and had planed to see the show which was a big Chinese extravaganza, but knew we wouldn’t make it. We were fast asleep by nine, we had walked 16,000 steps! 

So the next day, we were off to see Hong Kong markets,,,,, well that didn’t work out :(. Long story. 

Now the carpet is a bit dryer and we went to Formal night, a Chinese theam and I didn’t have my Chinese jacket, because we didn’t make it to the market, whine, whine. 

Quotes: “ I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world”.  - Mary Anne Radmacher 
               “You CAN leave Hong Kong, but it will never LEAVE YOU”.  - NurynVittachi 

1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the rain but at least the people were nice! I can't imagine walking on wet carpets. YIKES! Hope that doesn't happen again and nothing was too ruined. Hope you can get some rest after all that walking. You both will be in such great shape when you get home. :)