Tuesday, January 9, 2018

January 9, 2018 Panama

Well here I am two days behind again, but T-Mobile has come through again. We have full usage for free, so I will try to catch up, again. 

I left off with getting ready to go to the first formal/ Galla night, it as the Black & Gold night and there was a captain's cocktail party. It was wonderful, best we have ever attended. No running for seats, plenty of hor'dourves and drinks flowed like water, and they were good. Best G&T so far. 
The other thing I liked was there was no introducing the most traveled, etc. they did introduce the heads of each department, and that was nice, to put faces to thease people.  All and all very classy. 
Then we went to dinner, and I would say 90% of the men were in a tux. And the women were very dressy. The dinner was the best, surf and turf for me, and I think Ed had the veal. He thought the lobster tail would be, like the past, but it was really, really good, and the steak was so tender, and cooked just like I asked. 
We then called it a night as the show was a comedian and we didn't think that was the way to end the evening, and heard later, it was a good choice. 

Next day we were in Puerto Limon Costa Rica, not much there, and we had done the tours in the past, so we chose, to walk around, which mention we could sleep in. It got very warm by the end of the day, but that was kind of nice.  I got a little sun, even with spf 50. 
So now it was once again, get ready for dinner. Dinner was great again, fried chicken fo me and liver for Ed. 
Then on to the show, it was a dance theme, and it was really good, we very much enjoyed it. 
When we returned we were both given a real Panama hat, wow these pillow gifts are really going over the top. And it was really timely as I had not packed Ed's right and it needed to be replaced, figured I'd do it tomorrow, while on our tour to Eumbara people's village, but now we don't have to. 

So now we are transiting the Panama Canal, it is hot and muggy, that is to be expected. They have two Panamains selling Han woven Mola, known as Los Cayos, I will try to sen a picture. 


3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! Wishing you smooth sailing through the locks. We finally thawed out today with a balmy 44 deg! Almost didn't need our coat after sub below temps for the past week. We may even reach 60 deg on Friday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are eating well! The Black and Gold night sounded wonderful. We are so glad you are having a great trip. Beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I am trying to figure out why we ended up not doing this cruise lol
    I am so glad that they still give out the pillow gifts. I thought that was a thing of the past.
    HAL does a great job of the world cruises..prepared to be spoilt rotten.

    ReplyDelete