Friday, June 30, 2017

June 29, 2017 Bergen Norway

Today we knew that we were going to walk about, and catch the hop on hop off bus. And as luck would have it, where we parked it was at stop number on. Norway takes CC everywhere including the HOPO bus, but boy howdy it isn't cheep. 250 KORNOR for the two of us comes up to $65!  But it took us to the fish market, and Starbucks where we could try to get internet, that we did and didn't.  So off we went, noticing, on the way, that there were postcards right by the ship gangway, well that was good, wouldn't have to look for those. 

The bus is nice, and they give you earphone, so you can listen to the travel info along the way, in what ever language you need, worked well. We arrived at the fish market in about 20 minutes, stop #11 the big deal here is wale sausage!  I'm not sure how I feel about that one, but I tasted it and it was tasty, and I think the wale they use is what we know as killer wale. We looked at beautiful berries, strawberry, cherrys, blackberries, and a greenish cherry that the Germans called Mearabellem.  We took pictures, but I will have to post them when we have fast wifi. 

So we left the fish market and Ed noticed a Starbucks accross the street, so we went over there, climbed two flights of stairs, walked in to a looooooong line. So Ed got a table, and I waited in line. It was worth the wait, there mocha coffee, was really good. I thought Ed would have been on line by now, but no. He wasn't able to. I managed to get right on, but of coarse, he was now ready to go, because he had nothing to do! 
So, we left, and I thought we would go and find a pharmacy so I could get some patches for my foot, but no, Ed wanted to go back to the ship! It was all of 11:30! So back to the ship we went, and Ed got the post cards and stamps, now he was happy, but he was finished, no more looking around for us, all aboard was 3:30, and don't you know, we might miss it! So that was all we saw in Bergen,  and I wasn't happy. 

We had a great dinner, with Karen and Pat O'bryan the people we met at the begging of the cruise, and saw the comedian who was somewhat funny, but his jokes, we're not very well planed for the audience he was playing to. So off to bed, with nice weather expected tommrow. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment