Friday, March 2, 2018

Day 55,56,57, February 28, March 1 & 2, 2018 AT SEA

Ok, OK, I know it has been three days Spence we left Benoa, Bali, but sea days don’t offer a lot of info, to put on a blog. I didn’t even have watercolor for two of the days as there we VIP people using our room, the Kings room.  I have heard it was a Dinner for the Presidents club people. In order to be a Presidents club member, you have to have sailed 1500 days on Holland American and you have to be invited!  We won’t be in that club. LOL

So what have we been doing? Well Ed still had tai chi, and he has been very good about attending, I will need to sneak in next time I can and get a photo of him. He-he. Any way, we have a new chef in the Test Kitchen, Jessie Roasa, we went to her demo, she is all of 25, self taught Philippine chef, that owns her own restaurant in Manila. So one day we learned to make a version of chicken adobo, which is almost a national dish, of the Philippines. Looks 
 an awful lot like Coco van to me but with a lot of vinegar and soy sauce. 
Then we went to see Barbara’s presentation on Puerto Princesa, our next port. Interesting little port, famous for one of the wonders of the natural world, The Underground River. Found in 1997. This is the only major tour here, we pass, neither Ed nor I want to do caves in water, with lots of bats!

So the next day was Gala night, and the theme is White Dinner, Ed and I were prepared for that one.  So no watercolor class again fo me so I rearranged clothes, putting away cold weather clothes and pulling out some of the hot weather clothes I had put away.  See, boaring. Then we went to see Barbara tell us about Manila. And we saw one on Hong Kong, not sure how that is going to work out.  As we are docking at Tie Tech, the old airport, and that is far away from everything, oh well we’ll see. 

Oh I forgot to tell you about crafts class, in these three days we have made a button note card, an Asian pendent, and a stone pendant, this is a great class, and I have learned a lot, about jewelry making, and lots of other little ideas too. 
And somewhere in this time I worked on my watercolor paintings, that I was behind on, and the third day we had a class again. 
So here is some of the paintings.  The spirit House was the last one. 

Now one thing that is happening is the precautions the ship is taking about pirates, here are some of the pictures Ed took of the water cannon. 

As I write this we are landing in Poerto Princesa and this is really humorous as the pilot boat is a canoe!

 You an see the pilot out on the ramp. And Ed tried to get him climbing up the ship, but the best he could do without falling overboard was the next one. 

 


So we are off to see the port. 

QUOTES: 
“TRAVEL in the younger sort, is a part of EDUCATION, in the elder, a part of EXPERIENCE.” - France Bacon
“We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.”  -Anais Nin 
“If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, and unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.”  - Cesare Pavese 


1 comment:

  1. Omg! A canoe pilot boat?!?!? Thats so funny! Glad you could capture some pictures of that. Too funny! Your paintings are so pretty. Glad Dad is staying up with the Tai Chi! Keep having a great time and enjoy the beautiful weather. Love you!

    ReplyDelete