Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Day 39 At Sea February 12, 2018

Some sea days are better then others, this one was mixed,,,, I had watercolor class and Ed had Qi Gong & Thai Chee. Then he went to hear Barbara give info on the upcoming ports. Then we met for the Cruise Critics meet and greet. 
Ed and I went to lunch in the Lido, so we could save our spots for crafting. There was a big bro-haha in the Lido about people showing up early and sitting in the half of the Lido to save seats, but it’s more complicated. Seems there are people in other venues and they have complained that Nancy was giving out the kits early, like at 2:o’clock for the 2:30 class start, because she could see there was already 100 people seated in the Lido waiting for the class to start. Anyway, all very silly to me, as I was told years ago, you had to pick and choose what you were doing,,,,, you can’t do it all. But like a lot of life these days, a few people seem to control the mass. So now Nancy can’t even come before 2:15 and that is sad, as she had a chance to tell us background on some of the crafts, now she won’t. 

Then the other big happening was, captain Jonathan informed us that there was a big Low brewing, right in our planed track. And if we followed our planed coarse we would encounter 50-70 ft waves, sooooooo we are skipping Port Arthur, we are still going to Hobart tomorrow, but then we will have another sea day, but it will still be a bit rough on Wednesday. 

Every evening we get a travel quote on our pillow with two chocolates and I should have started shareing them 40 days ago, but I thought I would bring them all home, but I now realize that 113 of these little cards are going to be problematic to carry back and I will probably put them where I forget where I put them.. . . Well you know, so I am going to start shareing them now. 

“ A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving”   - Lao Tzu 

No comments:

Post a Comment