Thursday, January 25, 2018

Day 21, Wednesday, January 24, 2018- Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia

The Amsterdam sailed in about 6:30, and yes I was awake. Morning is beginning to be my best hour! How boring, my dad used to say,,, “ wouldn’t it be awful, if you were a tea totaler and know that when you woke up, that was as good as you would feel all day”!  Well it’s beginning to look that way for me. LOL
It was a beautiful sail in. 

We have been here, several times in the past, but the very fact that it was Bora Bora, makes it magical, and it aways is. There were the musicians playing island music and ladies making Lae Pouos and the venders selling there shell necklaces and of coarse black pearls! 




We are here until 10:30 PM it was a good day on shore, we looked at some of the crafts, but didn’t find anything we really wanted, so we walked down the street to see if the church was open, it never has been, in the past, and it wasn’t open today either.  So we went to the small cafe, that has free WiFi if you buy something and ordered 2 cokes and a cheese pizza to shear. And I sent some emails and so did Ed. After our lunch, we went in the gift shop next door and Ed bought a carved wooden stingray, and I might have bought a magnet or two, but changed my mind, cost $15 for a magnet!
Then walking back to the tender, we came across a man selling some black pearl rings, and I really liked them and so did Ed sooooo, yup, he bought me one.  

So now it’s time to get ready for dinner, the sun is setting, and we aren’t going to Bloody Mary’s, wow!  I guess we have been there done that!
 


1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! So glad the weather has been stunning and you are having such a magical time. Keep up the wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete