Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The first day out.....

It was a beautiful morning, sunny and cool. I woke at 5:45 am, the last time 😜 so get up already so I did. My iPad alarm went off at 6, so that woke the other half. Showered, and dressed, had coffee, and banana bread I made the day before, put in the last few things in the last bag and set the heat pumps, and we were off....... Well not really. 
We made the 8 o'clock ferry, and as we were in line,,,, Ed says "you did pack the notebook that has all the boarding passes, etc". and I say yes, then wondered did I? So I said well check the last bag that went in the car on the ferry.  Now my self doubt is setting in. We're on the ferry, and we check the bag,,, no book!! So get off and turn around, and get back on. Drive home,,,, very quite car,, get home,,, no book any wear!  Now I think, maybe it's in the bag we took out last night,  late. Sure enough, there it is. Back to the ferry, we finely arrive in Surry, two hours late at 10 am!  Long story short, we drive through, some major thunderstorms, starting in SC and about that time, I said to Ed I was going to call the hotel and tell them we would be late. And what did they say,,,, WE DONT HAVE A RESERVATION!  Oh no, and they are booked up! Ed made a ,,,,,, another story. So I called the courtyard by Marriott and we got the last room. We arrived safe and sound at 7:30pm. Dinner in the Beastrow and now it sleep time. 
Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment