Wednesday, September 30, 2015

We are in Salerno

Well I should say we "were" in Salerno,,,,, now we are headed to Livorno. I have to catch you up on. The goings on, since we boarded this beautiful Ruby Princess! 

Our boarding was uneventful, but my internet has been very eventful! The blog gave me a huge challenge as it was hung up some wear, I have no idea what has gone out and what hasn't.  So if it all looks weird know I tried. It seems I can't send more then one picture at a time if I use the app, and I can't get to my photos if I use on line. So now you know my limitations. :) 

We boarded, and found our cabin,,, we knew wher that was,,, after doing 49days last year in the same cabin. LOL I was the first person to board,, how about that!  We all had our bags befor the muster drill, who say Italians are slow. So Jim and Ed made reservations for our dinner table with the head waiter. And then they made reservations for the first night at the Crown Grill, while I unpacked. 

We had a lovely dinner and went to bed early as we all had to get up early, for our tour in the morning. 

We set the alarm for 0630 and got up got dressed and headed to Sabatini's my favorite breakfast venue. Then down to meet our guide Barbara from  Benvenuto limos.  She was wonderful and I would highly recommend her.  
She took us to Monreale first, it was a suburb of Palermo up on top of a small mountain that has  a magnificent cathedral and as we were there on a Sunday they were performing a baptism, and we were able to see some of it, and we could even take pictures! Then we were given a private tour of an art museum that was closed as it was a Sunday! The lady that guided us around the museum, was so sweet, she showed us so much, wow talk about feeling special. 
Then we had an espresso to becom refortified, and it was down the mountain to Mondello, by the sea! And a very nice lunch. Barbara, became part of the Lonneville and Masek family, it was a wonderful lunch of clams and pasta, after a bit of a walk around, our driver picked us up and we had a tour of the highlights of Palermo Sicily, what a grand way to start. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful!!! I'm so glad the cruise is going well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete