Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Victoria

May 28 2012


The day started very cloudy, but breakfast consisting of seafood crepes and berry compote changed our demeanor. Then it was off to visit the Craigdarroch Castle walking up the hill and along the streets of the city. Gosh the yards and their flowers were beautiful! After seeing the castle and climbing the five flights of stairs we started our walking journey across town mostly down hill to the Abkhazia Garden. Wow and double wow! This is the most beautiful gardens we have even walked through. Just breath taking, we had lunch at their cafe, complete with tea and scones. Then it was off to find a bus to the center of town and the bus station to arrange for travel to Vancouver on Wednesday. After visiting the station we wandered through a totem forrest. It was impressive. Then off to find a place for diner. We completed the evening with tea and chocolate cookies at the B&B. Great day and the rain held off and did let the sun shine as the evening came to a close! Tomorrow it's two more gardens and another bus adventure!

Good morning all,
Reading over Ed's email, brought a giggle to me, as does he sound like he is gardened out? :)
The garden at Abkhazia was really spectacular, I think I must have taken a 1000 photos. I will try to post a few later.
Tomorrow, we are going to the Butchart garden. It is the garden that is supposed to be the best in the country. We shall see because it will be hard to top Abkhazia, and the history behind Abkhazia, is a real love story. I want to read the book "a strange cage" about her time in the concentration camp, this is feeding my artistic sole!

I still haven't figured out how to post a photo using blogger from the iPad, when I do I will put them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment